Friday, June 25, 2010

Exactly what 20 brands of lipstick were found to have lead in them?

I keep reading about L'Oreal, Cover Girl and Dior..but no other brands are listed although they claim 20 brands total had lead in them.Exactly what 20 brands of lipstick were found to have lead in them?
It actually isn't enough to cause a problem, but many people would prefer that no lead be used whatsoever. That's actually less lead than you'd find in average soil--after all, lead occurs naturally. Even though it wouldn't cause problems, you never can tell with lead, so it's probably best to just remove the offending item (sounds like it's a pigment in this case) from production altogether and find another one.Exactly what 20 brands of lipstick were found to have lead in them?
They said out of all of the lipsticks that have lead in them, NONE of them have a serious amount. It's not dangerous and it is not anything to worry about.
they found lead in the red shades in the following brands : dior (4 different shades), avon (1), burt's bees 1, avon 1, body shop 3, clinique 5, estee lauder 3, revlon 4, wet n'wild 3, mac 1, maybelline 1, l'oreal 3, tarte 1, dior 4, cg 6, l'oreal 5. the highest were l'oreal colour riche classic wine, and true red; cg incredifull lip color ';maximum red';, dior addict ';positive red';.
Its usually the bright red pigments that use lead. So, brands aside, if its a really bright red color then you can pretty much surmise that there's lead in it.





Trust me, you have absolutely nothing to worry about, the lead content isn't going to hurt you at all, you'll be just fine, just use your lipstick as usual and keep it away from young children.





I know they're trying to scare you on the news with the ';FATAL LIPSTICK'; headlines, but thats all for ratings, trust me on this one, you'll be fine.





The only thing that should be worried about is letting small kids have it, because lead poisoning causes brain damage in young children. Once the brain is fully developed, however, it is much less susceptible to lead damage, if you ask any doctor they'll tell you its nothing to worry about.





Heck, I paint with more dangerous things than this lipstick and I'm fine. Just be glad there isn't cadmium or arsenic in it.
woe! 20 brands!!! I thought there were only 5....


I'm not answering the question, am i.


Please e-mail me the best answer.


I want to know.
I was concerned as well for my clients and their well being, I double checked and was reassured that the company that manufactures for Bee Luscious their lipsticks are FDA approved and their products are lead free.
even if it has lead, its not an amount that would be harmful, please check: http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/l/lipstick.htm
I'm concerned too. When I saw the story break on the news the other day I was floored!! America can spend BILLIONS of dollars overseas but still, repeatedly fail to protect those of us here @ home....it's so sad.





Anyway, I want to let you know that it's actually more than 20 with levels of lead in it.





Here is a link to a detailed article that you should find informative. It includes a full list of tested lipsticks.





http://www.boston.com/news/daily/11/poison_kiss_final1.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
email hosting