Friday, June 25, 2010

Did you hear about lead being found in certain brands of lipstick?

In today's newspaper, I read an article about lead being found in three brand names of lipstick. They are as follows:





Cover Girl


L'Oreal


Dior








I thought I would inform you, so you can throw your lipstick out if you use any of these brands. The lead is present in certain colors of these brands, but I'm getting rid of mine, just the same. Lead, as you well know, ingested, can cause serious health problems.Did you hear about lead being found in certain brands of lipstick?
Thanks Shortst. Just as an FYI, the lip colors at Aularale Cosmetics (aularale.com/7002), which is what I use, do not contain lead. As a matter of fact, their entire line is for people w/sensitive skin. I like their products a lot!!Did you hear about lead being found in certain brands of lipstick?
Yes i heard it but i think they, mankind should stop having thing to do with mankind, are you with me?
no i didn't know that.


But did you know that they use fish gills in lipstick to?


i am lucky i use lipgloss
wow. I did not know that. Thanks for advising all of us!
Yes, I also read that awhile back. I use Lancome and Clinique or Estee Lauder (simply because I get the samples when I purchase something), so I guess I am safe until they find out about other brands.





I sure do appreciate you sharing this with all of us. More and more products seem to be dangerous. It is amazing and frightening.
Yea isnt it awful I was reading about it today on the internet whats next hairspray bath soap laundry detergent this is really getting out of hand. I dont feel secure about anything that I eat drink or use any more.
Yes just today I heard. It caused great concern we need to let our dear Indian maiden know as she earlier today ask a question regarding storing it in the fridge. I like L'Oreal and Dior is quite expensive. So I was shocked. That lead will harm what brain cells I have left. Oh Dear!
omg! i kno,....i was like OMG! and dior and covergirl ( never heard of the other one) are expensive!
Bee-Luscious does NOT have lead. All of their colors (pigments) are FDA approved. NO amount of lead is safe no matter what they say! Lead builds in your system over time and can cause serious damage.





Not only do most cosmetics contain lead they also contain bismuth another potentially dangerous heavy metal.





I have been using the make-up from Bee-Luscious because it doesn't have any of this stuff in their make-up.





All of this really disturbs me. Here is the link to tell you about bismuth:





http://ezinearticles.com/?Mineral-Makeup鈥?/a>








EDIT: FYI. Lead is in the pigments (coloring) used in many cosmetics and bismuth is used to make many foundations and powders have that shiny look.
good thing i don't wear lipstick
yeah it was on the yahoo welcome screen too this morning. thank god i dont wear lipstick.
I just read it also. I wonder how many other name brands carry lead? Geeze! Thanks for bringing it up.
wow..thanks for telling me..now i can take off this stupid scuba thing...


what about the fingernail polish ???
yeah, i heard. why is it we are still having china make things for us? everyday there is a new recall.
The lady at Bee-Luscious (the brand I use most) assured me they don't have lead in their make-up so I feel a little better. What pi**es me off is I had been using some of those brands throughout the years not knowing I was being poisoned! Some companies are just evil!!!!





Here is the link to the article:





http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071011/hl_n鈥?/a>
I wonder what colors they are. Do you know where I can find out about the colors? Maybe I can contact the companies? That's, if they will tell me.


Thanks for letting me know, Shortstuff.
yes i heard. they have it on the front page of yahoo too
is it in all the lipsticks and gloss are just the lipsticks..i use cover girl gloss
I heard about a recall. I'll be throwing mine out. This is disturbing because what is next? I really do not like how the government is handling and of course the corporations aren't going to handle it well. I don't know what is going on.
  • feel the rain on your skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    email hosting