Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lanolin-free lipstick?

My favorite makeup (Almay) no longer has actual lipstick - the old-fashioned tube kind - available in stores. Their long-wearing lipstick is sticky and my husband can't stand it, either. I'm allergic to lanolin and menthol plus I have a problem with chapped lips. Since I can't use Chap Stick, Blistex or any other chapped lips remedy, I use lipstick instead. The problem: only two tubes of lipstick in the entire makeup displays at Walmart and CVS had ingredients listed. They were both by Maybelline. I've purchased three different colors of their lipstick since I found it last week. They all had orange tones to them and were a lot brighter than their color dot claims. The lipstick was also cakey. Really gross looking and cheap. So, I've been searching online for a different brand, hoping that Loreal or other chain-store lipstick might do. (Loreal's site has lanolin as the first ingredient of all their tube lipsticks.) I can't find any information about ingredients in any other lipstick. I was hoping someone here might know of a lanolin-free, menthol-free lipstick that can be purchased at Walmart or CVS. And, if not, what I can purchase online, preferably at a discount.Lanolin-free lipstick?
My wife has that allergy. She uses Revlon ';Beyond Natural Liptint';, whatever that is. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
email hosting