Friday, June 25, 2010

Does lipstick with lead includes lipgloss?

Im talking about today's yahoo story about lipstick with lead. I want to know does lipgloss have lead in it too? i have ramell and maybaline lipgloss.Does lipstick with lead includes lipgloss?
I'm not quite sure, but I know for a fact that using a gold ring to test the lipstick/lipgloss for lead will not work. (see article below)Does lipstick with lead includes lipgloss?
this is exactly why i dont wear make up, nothing is safe anymore..
I think they said that the lead was in the tint. So, I would imagine that if the lipstick has a color, it has a small amount of lead.





Since women have been using lipstick since the 1920's and have suffered no ill effects, I would believe only in the trace amounts not harming women.





If the woman is pregnant, however, just to be cautious maybe she can dispense with colored lipstick.
It is possible because the lead is found in the coloring. So it could have. Read some of the other post on lead and lipstick. There are some companies listed that don't have lead in their make-up.
I honestly have no idea.
Oh My Gosh !!! I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Here's a star for you.
no lipgloss has no lead what so ever
Don't know, but at this point, I wouldn't trust it as far as I could throw it--right into the trash. Better to toss it than to poison yourself-from what I understand, lead poisoning does awful things to you.
I read an article just today about that. This is what it said:





';Watch out for those lipsticks which are supposed to stay longer. If your lipstick stays longer, it is because of the higher content of lead. Here is the test you can do yourself:


1. Put some lipstick on your hand; 2. Use a Gold ring to scratch on the lipstick; 3. If the lipstick colour changes to black, then you know the lipstick contains lead. 鈥?This information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.';





So I would say do the same test with lip gloss. Normally the two go hand in hand.
yes, it sure has. i have a lipgloss factory.one of the ingredients for making lipgloss is lead. it is detrimental to our whole body. nice question you asked!
Umm actually person, I tried the thing, I put My lancome lipstick on my wrist and scrathced it for like 20 seconds and my whole wrist was black.It actaully works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
email hosting