Sunday, December 13, 2009

Are we supposed to throw away or recylce old makeup up such as mascara, lipstick etc.?

my friends are telling me, just throw it in the garbage, but I always put them in the recycling bin, can someone let me know the right way to throw away?Are we supposed to throw away or recylce old makeup up such as mascara, lipstick etc.?
Yep you can recycle them. some companies like MAC encourage you to recycle by offering you a free lipstick when you turn in six empty containers to them for recycle.Are we supposed to throw away or recylce old makeup up such as mascara, lipstick etc.?
Old lipstick makes great silver cleaner. Rub it on, polish, then rinse and dry.
You never want to recycle used make-up. If it were me, I would not give anything that I have used to a second hand shop, however something like lipstick I do offer out to friends and/or family members. When it comes to partly used mascara you want to discard it. Bacteria grows in mascara due to the contact it has with your eye and then the way it is stored in those containers. Professionals actually advise throwing ALL mascara away every 3 months and getting new. While I do not do that, I definitely never offer my used mascara out to others. Now, if you have a tube of lipstick that you just never used, or a container of blush that you tried on once to see the color, I see no damage in recycling.
Yes, unless you still want old makeup. Lipstick doesnt go bad or anything, but mascara hardens, so you should throw old mascara away. Same goes for liquid eyeliner.
  • feel the rain on your skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    email hosting