Friday, December 11, 2009

Makeup stain removal method? Lipstick on cotton slipcover? Not what you think?

My 21 month old daughter got into my makeup bag while I was tending to a dirty bum upstairs. When I came down, she had used lipstick like an eyeliner, all over her eyes, she was so sweetly smiling that i had to get pic, and meantime she climbed down from the sofa, wiping her face in slipcover, getting several streaks there. What is the best way to remove the reddish-mauve color from the brown-beige cover? it is currently dried in. Yes, I know better to keep the makeup bag out of her reach now, so please no saucy answers.Makeup stain removal method? Lipstick on cotton slipcover? Not what you think?
Try OxyMakeup stain removal method? Lipstick on cotton slipcover? Not what you think?
OXXI Clean
I have the same problem but instead of my couch it is in my car! Someone told me to try Oxy clean. I haven't tried it yet so I don't know what the effects are.
Soak in cold water, Remove from the water %26amp; add a small amount of dish washing detergent. Rub the liquid in with your finger tip麓s, leave for a few min麓s , then pop into your machine on a 40潞c wash or 30潞c. Tht麓s if it can be washed in the machine, if not then hand wash, this should lift the stain out
I have the Queen of clean book right in front of me and just for you I check what she says to do, and she says to use WD-40 or vegetable oil. work it into the spot and let it sit for 15 to 30 min then wash out with dish soap, then laundry as normal.
Soak it in warm water overnight in laundry detergent... even better, those white-soak powders you can buy. Then when you put it in the wash, mix some water with a bit of detergent to make a paste and apply the paste directly over the stain very liberally. But make sure you put the wash cycle on a high spin rate and don't shorten the length of the cycle.... this is to make sure that the paste also comes out with the stain. If it doesnt come out completely....repeat the entire process... it will eventually. Most likey after two times.





Good luck.
Depending on the type fabric,you might try can hair spray! I have used it on a lot of fabrics. I spray it on the area of the stain till it is wet, then wipe quickly. It drys fast ! so wipe fast!!! It has to be aerosol hairspray! wish i could see the pictures! good luck dorothy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
email hosting