Friday, December 4, 2009

How do I get lipstick stains off wineglasses???

I find these lipstick stains on glasses in many homes of friends and relatives. Dishwasher detergent isn't getting the job done. Don't want to try anything toxic but I'm kinda fussy about things like this so I need a solution.How do I get lipstick stains off wineglasses???
Go to your market and ask them to show you where the Borax is that gets wine stains off anything like a white tablecloth, you just get some cold water, not hot or warm, cold, because cold water helps lift stains, put some borax on the stain and some water and rub it with your hands and it should come off, it will also work for the wine glasses. Borax is a great thing to clean stuff, that is what our grandparents used before all thse things came into the market. Good luck!How do I get lipstick stains off wineglasses???
WD-40 will take it off
vinegar and baking soda
Try a magic eraser. they do everything!!!
hand wash it
Hand wash just like you do any other dishes if you didn't have a dishwasher and plain old ordinary dish detergent. I have been doing this for over 40 years with no problems removing lipstick. I have a dishwasher but hardly ever use it.
Many good answers already, but to choose ant one answer I would maybe experiment with different solutions. First of all, i believe wineglasses should always be hand washed, not put in a dishwasher. Also, I would wash with Dawn, as lipstick has oil in it. To go a step further, I would put a squirt of Dawn directly on the dishcloth to rub the stain or directly on the stain itself. Rinse in warm water and would follow-up with a vinegar-water solution final rinse. Air dry or use lint-free cloth to hand dry.
wash it really really good until it comes off
wash it...idk
How did it get on there in the first place? Well anyway, washing detergent works for me or you can try clorox but alcohol works too.
perefloraiul. any drug store.
I would try to use glass cleaner or other glass products
Diluted vinegar solution ought to do the trick.





Also, they probably are throwing in the glasses with the rest of the wash, which is a terrible idea. In a dishwasher, they ought to be washed separately on the ';crystal'; or ';china'; setting, if available.
There is oil in lipstick.Try ';Dawn'; dishwashing liquid.
clorox bleach
Washing them by hand is the only real solution. I never put wine glasses or any delicate crystal in my dishwasher anyway.
scrub,scrub,scrub, and scrub somemore They are the hardest stains to remove.
Try Listerine, its strong and acidic. Or peroxide.
vinager and water will do the trick.
Clorox bleach, the ony thing that actually works
1.soap 2.water 3.elbow grease

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
email hosting